Trinity Evangelical Christian University currently offers a complete Oxford Method Self-Study Degree Track in Christian Theology & Divinity Studies for our Ministers and Students. The Bachelor Degree Program is the entry / basic, post secondary level studies program that utilizes our Oxford Method™ which is both research based and “lamad” in nature. We have carefully selected and developed our curriculum based on our combined years of study, practice, and teaching the disciplines, so that the student is immersed in such a way that they grow in Spirit, knowledge, and the abilities required to be “doers” of the word as practitioners in ministry right away.
Our programs of study are progressive, meaning you must begin with the Bachelor level, if you do not already hold an equivalent degree.
Trinity has been empowering workers in the field for Christ since 1999, and we aren’t going anywhere. We are the official private Christian Distance Learning Seminary of the United New Testament Church, International, and we verify all degrees for potential employers.
As we are a private religious seminary, enrollment in TECU is open only to members of The United New Testament Church, International Ministry Association. While you are a student at TECU and / or The Seminary you are enrolled as a member of the UNTCI fellowship, you must remain in “Good Standing” at all times. Your annual Ministry Association membership must be maintained throughout the duration of your enrollment at TECU. The active online fellowship, support and connectivity of the Body of Christ are integral to your educational growth at TECU.
In order to earn your Degree, you must follow these steps, in order:
1) Complete the Required Prerequisites: First Steps 101 and First Steps 201. Each student at TECU must complete these short Required Prerequisite Courses before proceeding with their education. The Required Prerequisites are foundational to our educational approach, and to your success as a student. You do not have to take them at each educational level – they must be completed once before entering our educational system.
3) Purchase the Required Texts from the list below:
all are readily available and extremely affordable, new, used or e-reader
TECU Oxford Method®
Theology / Divinity Studies Track
Bachelor of Theology & Ethics Degree
Download ⇐: For a downloadable (PDF) list of these required texts click here.
Download ⇐: For a downloadable (PDF) list of these required texts click here
Required texts for this course can be purchased from any source…
These sources however are recommended for reasons of reputation and cost effectiveness:
Recommended for domestic purchases (U.S. & Canada) and some international
Recommended for domestic purchases and Nook® Reader Versions
Recommended for domestic and most international purchases and Kindle® Editions
4) Complete the following for EACH Required Text: All papers should be typed, double-spaced, and free of grammatical or spelling errors.
a) Write a five page minimum essay, comprised of summaries of each chapter of the individual Required Text. (Note: Some texts may require the essay to go beyond five pages, which is fine. The main point being that a summary of each chapter must be included in the essay.)
b) Write a two to three page essay describing how the individual Required Text may be beneficial to you in your personal life and Christian ministry (application).
c) Repeat these requirements for EACH of the Required Texts for your chosen Degree. DO NOT upload these to the Seminary office individually – they must be contained in ONE PDF document. (Click here for a FREE PDF writer) Organize the finished .pdf document with:
- A title page containing your name (as you want it to appear on the diploma), the date in which it was completed, and the study track and degree for which it is being submitted.
- A “contents” page listing the Book Title of each of the essay pairs (chapters summary and application to life and ministry) and the page number where it is found.
- Each pair of essays organized as a chapter within, with the summary essay first, then the application essay.
d) Once you have completed ALL Requirements, they must be sent as an email attachment to the Student Affairs Office (email@example.com) in PDF format. The file MUST be named like this: YOURFIRSTINITIAL.YOURLASTNAME.YOURDEGREE.pdf (Example:
5) Within 2-4 weeks from the date we receive your Candidacy Submission, your submission is reviewed to ensure all requirements are met, if so, your graduation is declared, and your degree & supporting documents will be delivered to you. As a matter of established record-keeping standards, your graduation date will be documented as the date your submission was uploaded to our server.
Your degree will not be processed until after your enrollment contribution has been received and your candidacy document has been submitted.
All enrollment contributions are non-refundable.
Note: if for any reason, the reviewing board determines the minimum requirements have not been met, the student will be notified and given every opportunity to succeed.
Honors Work Recognized: If, during the review process it is determined that a student made a “beyond the average effort” with a submission that reflects excellence, they may make a recommendation for a degree to be awarded “With Honors” in recognition.